11.07.2006

Wally Bear


We have the sweetest dog ever! A miniature cocker spaniel. His name is Wally, and he's two years old. He has eyelashes that go down past his chin, and he has the best disposition. He's so playful and yet so loving. He loves to cuddle and take naps. He's smart too! He rings a bell when he needs to go potty. He jumps off the bed at night when we turn off the light. He's wonderful! He even tries to comfort you when you're upset. When we're laying in bed, Wally often likes to lay between us with his head on the pillow too.

Every day when Ryan gets home from work, Wally hears the sound of Ryan's car alarm. He jumps up, runs downstairs to the door, then turns around and runs to get his bone. When Ryan walks in, Wally brings him his bone so they can play.

My friend, Kimberly, sent me an email recently that got me thinking about dogs and Wally, in particular. I've cut and pasted some of it below.


A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. -Josh Billings

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. -Andy Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made. -M. Acklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate. -Sigmund Freud

A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. -Robert Benchley

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! -Anne Tyler

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.


I think God has given us such a gift in dogs. They're so unselfish and loving. They're nicer to us than we are to them. They love us even when we neglect them. They always forgive. They're loyal and constant. I think that the Lord uses Wally to give me a better understanding of how Christ loves us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to thieve this dog. You have three days with Wally. Take advantage of the time you have left.

Ryan said...

Mr. "Hunter," I've notified the authorities. You should take advantage of your last few moments of freedom. Good day, sir!