11.03.2006

Do Christians and Jewish non-Christians Worship the Same God?


A very dear friend of mine (who just happens to be Jewish) recently asked me if I thought our Gods were the same. I've pasted my response below:

I would be remiss if I responded apart from Scripture (the only thing I have outside of Scripture are flawed expectations and experiences, which are ultimately worth nothing).

So let’s consider Isaiah 43:6-7:I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

So we were created for God’s glory. Then Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Now, if we all were created for God’s glory and yet we all have sinned and, thus, fallen short of His glory, we’ve all failed to fulfill our purpose. So we’re either toast without hope OR maybe there’s a way to be reconciled to Him. Romans 10:9: ...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So, my beloved Jewish friend, are our Gods the same? Can we all say, with Paul, Ephesians 1:3, 7: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace

We all have the same God if — and only if — our God is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. That’s because we don’t have the God of the Bible (OT and NT) if our sins haven’t been redeemed, which only is achieved through faith in the work Jesus did on the Cross.


Run to the Cross. Cling to Jesus. Hold fast to His grace, and you will know the one, true God. Glory to Jesus!

No comments: