11.22.2006

Brandon's Surprise 30th

Ryan's brother, Brandon, turns 30 next month, so his wife, Jill, decided to throw him a surprise birthday party. She threw it a month early so Brandon wouldn't be suspicious. Their mom was able to fly into Nashville to help celebrate. Ryan and I drove down to Nashville Sunday morning so we could pick her up at the airport by noon.

We had six hours to kill until the party, so we ran a couple errands for the party and watched the new James Bond movie, which by the way is pretty good.

The party started at 6, and Brandon and Jill arrived around 7. Brandon had no clue, and his reaction was priceless! The party was fun, though we were exhausted by the time it was over.

Ryan and I stayed in Nashville until early Tuesday morning so we could spend some extra time with everyone. On Monday we just hung out and played with the kids. These pictures of Aby are from breakfast at a local restaurant. She was so funny with the basket--she's quite a ham.

I have a busy work schedule this week, so we needed to make two quick trips to Nashville, instead of one long one. We're excited to spend Thanksgiving in Nashville with family and will leave tonight (Wednesday) after I get off work and come back tomorrow night so I'll be back for work on Friday. It's a lot of driving in a short amount of time, but what a blessing it is to spend time with family.

Father, please help me to recognize and appreciate the abundance of blessings you have given me. May we never cease to thank and praise you for your love and who you are.

No comments: