11.09.2007

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

So, for the last couple of days, Ryan and I have noticed lots of police cars lined along one of the streets we drive down to get to our house, though we had no clue why they were there. Well, yesterday, I found out why. Apparently one of the families on that street has been chosen by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition to have their house redone. (Extreme Makeover is a show on abc that picks families whose homes are not conducive to live in for one reason or another. They send the family on vacation for a week, and during that week, they completely rebuild their home.) Anyway, there's a 19 year-old boy, Patrick Henry Hughes, who lives there who was born without eyes and is unable to straighten his arms or legs. He is in a wheelchair and plays for the University of Louisville marching band. He plays the trumpet while his dad pushes him around the field into the proper formations. Click here to read more about it.


Construction starts at 12:30 this afternoon to build this family a wheelchair accessible home. I'm so excited for this family, and I'm excited to watch the construction of this home. It's so neat that it's just a few blocks away, a house we drive and run by on a regular basis. The unveiling of the house to the Hughes family is next Wednesday afternoon. I'll keep you posted on the progress and hope to post some pictures too.

Praise the Lord for providing for this Louisville family in such a big way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I get all sappy and bawl like a baby when I do watch the show ;) It really is neat how it all comes together in a week - who knows...you may get to help!!?? Can't wait till you post more!

The M Family said...

ooo! my stepmom sent me a link to an espn video highlight about this patrick guy and his dad awhile back...very inspiring story! how fantastic for them to be chosen for the extreme home makeover!! thanks for sharing the info! jennifer