11.11.2007

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Part 2

Well, we haven't experienced much of the transformation. We haven't walked up the street to watch the progress yet, but we do see it each time we leave the house. I usually take some pictures as we pass it, and I've posted a few--some are ones I've taken, and some are from the newspaper.

Anyway, it's amazing how quickly they can demolish a home, remove all the debris from it, lay the foundation, put up the framework, roof, etc. They still have three days left, and the house looks just about done from the outside. I read online that they had gotten 4 hours behind schedule because the concrete wouldn't set due to the cold climate, but they're back on schedule now. They work through the night too. We drove home Friday night at about 12:30, and the construction site was lit up like it was the middle of the day. People are constantly everywhere. Praise the Lord for the hard work of all these people to serve this family.

I'm planning on walking to the construction site tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

trenthunter said...

This is tremendous!