4.25.2009

Last Minute Decision

Thank you so much to those of you who have been praying for our sweet baby. We had our 20 week checkup and ultrasound yesterday, and our baby is doing great! Praise the LORD!!

Ryan and I have had some dear friends over the years who have chosen to wait to find out the gender of their baby until the day the child is born. The more we talked to them about it, the more excited we became about doing the same. Therefore, Ryan and I have both been pretty adamant for a couple years now that if the Lord were to bless us with a child, that we would wait to find out what we were having.

When we found out in January that we were pregnant, that was still our plan. In fact, that was our plan until about 12:45pm yesterday. At that time, we began to waiver. Our ultrasound was at 1pm, so that didn't leave us much time at all to make a decision. It was crazy that we were contemplating this--afterall, we had both been certain we wanted to wait. However, when faced with the reality and temptation that we could know what the gender was, we caved. So, we now know what we are having!

I will soon post pictures of the ultrasound and let you know what we are having, but first, I wanted to see what everyone else thinks. Is Baby Bishop a boy or a girl? Please comment with your vote.

15 comments:

The M Family said...

BOY!

Jim Hamilton said...

Girl. And here daddy is already wrapped around her little finger!

Jim

Megan Abraham said...

Girl :-)

to be made whole said...

hmmm....I will have to guess a boy ;0 God is raising up an army of men - we will go with the 70% output on that one!

Brice and Jeni Land said...

Girl!!

LeeAnn said...

I guess boy! Although, that would mean that you, me, Derek, and Jodi all had boys first, and the odds of that can't be good. I still say boy though. The suspense is killing me :)

Emily said...

Girl! Can't wait to find out.

propwash said...

It will be a BOY. Has to be first so he can help little sister. Bob was first and I was first. No matter what it is HE will be loved.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a boy first. I carried Bob high and Betty low. I only hope it is healthy and brings you both great joy! Rusty

Kedra said...

I'm really thinking boy on this one.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm Im really thinking boy! Either way it will be so much fun and So loved!

Heather said...

You caved!!!!! Ahhhh. cmon you two, I expected more:). Well since all we know is girl, I will say girl. GOOOOO Girl!!!!!!!!

CG said...

BOY!

Ryan and Lori said...

Boy!

kyle said...

I am 99% confident that it is a girl.