2.23.2009

ETA: 9-8-09


Ryan and I found out while we were in Mexico that we were pregnant and are beyond excited. We are currently twelve weeks along, and our baby is apparently the size of a large lime.


Ryan and I have been praying for quite some time that the Lord would bless us with a child. It was very difficult waiting, but it was a wonderful opportunity to learn to trust in His sovereignty and timing.

Thank you so much for all of you who have been praying for us as we have waited on God’s timing in this. It's such a testimony to His faithfulness to those who pray! Please continue to keep us in your prayers—pray that God would protect our unborn child and that He would be glorified in this precious baby.

We had our first prenatal appointment a couple weeks ago and were so blessed to get to hear our baby's heartbeat as well as to get to see our baby through an ultrasound.

It was by far one of the most amazing experiences of our lives! We were able to see the little heart beating within our baby's body. The doctor then repositioned things so we could see the baby from the front. It was incredible! Both of the baby's arms and both legs were just moving around constantly. It looked like our sweet baby was dancing for us!

Anyway, here are a couple videos that Ryan took with his cell phone. On the first one, you can hear the heartbeat, on the second one, if you look closely enough, you can see our baby's arms and legs moving around. I'm sorry for the quality--it was much better in person. By the way, I'm also sorry they're sideways--I don't know how to rotate the videos (or make them bigger) in Blogger. :)



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPER AWESOME - so excited for you two!! - Harbuck

Anonymous said...

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!! Babies, pregnancy and childbirth are so amazing... seeing that little one and hearing its little heartbeat before you can even feel it move has to be one of the greatest testimonies to Gods goodness...what a miracle! We are so happy for you guys!

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Brice and Jeni Land said...

YAYYYY! We are SO excited about BABY BISHOP!!! God is so awesome!

CG said...

Rejoicing with you! SOOOO happy to hear this great news!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! It is great to see God's faithfulness is your lives.

Callie said...

oh my goodness!!! SOOOOO excited for you guys!!!!

Deborah said...

Kelli,
Congratulations!! I am so very excited for y'all. You have only begun the journey of the greatest miracle of life. I know the feeling of praying to be blessed with a child. Then when your prayers are answered the gratitude for that blessing of a child inside you is so immeasurable. Yet I am still in awe when I think of the miracle of creating life, nourishing a child and protecting them. In these moments we are so close to our God and for me it has strengthened my testimony in God. The whole experience is amazing and I am thrilled for you. You are going to be a fantastic mother!! May God bless you and your baby is my prayer. Love you and take care!

Ryan and Lori said...

So sorry I haven't checked your blog in a while! Congratulations!! Children are such a blessing!