I'll admit: Only recently have I started to appreciate the significance of the Lord's Supper for the church, in general, and for me, in particular. Maybe it was the infrequency of taking communion at church. Perhaps it was my reformed flesh's inclination to resist any hint of Catholic sacramental mysticism. Certainly it was because I lack spiritual maturity and biblical understanding of the institution and its institutor. Whatever the reasons, I'm still leagues away from grasping the glory and majesty of our proclamation at the Lord's table.
If you're like me, you'll be richly blessed by considering these in Dr. Russell Moore's sermon on Luke 22.7-30, "Jesus, Take the Meal: Why We're Afraid of the Lord's Table." And do yourself a favor by subscribing to the Southern Seminary Chapel Podcast!
(Open iTunes; open iTunes Store; within the Search iTunes Store Bar, search "Southern Seminary Chapel"; subcribe for free.)
8.25.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment