As I toggled through blog favorites today, I noticed this clip at our friend Cara's site. Cara says she first heard "His Eye is on the Sparrow" on an episode of "Quantum Leap." I was reminded of two things: First, one day about 10 years ago I was watching one of those war/military movies (I can't remember which), but I was captivated during a scene where a man was singing a gospel song while playing the piano. Though I wasn't a believer then and couldn't properly appreciate the song, I was in awe of the passion with which the man sung. I was impressed by a man unashamed to emote seemingly sincere love for Jesus. (It remains to be seen whether that actor was sharing true feelings.) But it did strike me.
Second, I remembered my desire to have a gospel playlist in iTunes. The only reason I don't have that playlist is because I know nothing about gospel music. I don't know the good songs nor the good artists. So, this post is a plea: If you know any good gospel songs and/or artists, please Comment. In a week, I expect to press Play on my new gospel playlist. So let's hear it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it is well with my soul - cannot make it through that song without tears (of joy of course!)
that's one of my favorites. it's going to be sung at my funeral. not sure where it falls exactly, but come thou fount is great.
My water broke with our firstborn in church while the song "Come thou fount" was playing.....that is a good one.....
Post a Comment