5.03.2007

More Easter Pics and Gender Roles

I downloaded the pictures off of our camera this morning and realized how long it's been since I had done that. It was kind of fun to see the pictures, since it had been awhile since we had taken them. It brought me back to the days of when we had our 35mm photos developed. I didn't do that often, and for that reason, I thought it was so fun to pick them up and relive all those memories. I digress.

Anyway, here are a few more pictures from our Easter in Nashville. The one is a picture of Joshua and Aby making their Resurrection cookies.

May I also take this opportunity to say that Ryan, who is not only the greatest husband, will also one day make the greatest father. He is so tender with kids, and it will be such a blessing one day to watch him love on our own. I love this picture of Ryan and Aby!

Ryan is in the process of researching and writing a paper about gender roles for his Systematic Theology class. This is such an interesting topic and one that the Lord has really been walking us through over the last few years. One of the reasons we are so excited about having and/or adopting children is the opportunity to teach them what it means to be a godly man and woman. God so beautifully designed us to be masculine and feminine. Yet, since the fall of man, our inclination is to distort God's good intentions for the way men and women are to relate. Praise be to God, though, that through the work of Jesus on the cross, we are enabled, through faith, to reclaim God-honoring relationships between man and woman.

No comments: