Oh, sweet Lily! I love you!! You're such a perfect addition to our family, and we're all so smitten with you!
You've started cooing and smiling more and are a very happy baby like your brothers and sister were. I don't have to work hard to get you to smile--I can usually just say,
"Hi, Lily," and a huge grin comes across your face. I often
intentionally try not to look at you when I'm feeding you because
sometimes when I do look down at you, you'll stop eating just so you can
smile at me. You seem to really like when I rub my face against yours, and when I coo against your cheek, you’ll do the same. Oh, how that big smile and little voice of yours warm my heart! What a precious girl you
are, Lily!
You now usually eat at 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 and 11 again, with a 1-1.5 hour nap in between each feeding. You either burp right away or I really have to work for it. You won't eat at all if you need to burp, which is a blessing but can also be inconvenient. You still don't like pacifiers and will often act like you’re gagging if I try and put one in your mouth.
How
thankful and blessed I am that you have proven to be an even better
sleeper than your brothers and sister were, which I didn't think was
possible!
I wondered throughout your first month if you were going to have blue eyes like Caleb, Evie and Silas do, and as your newborn-ness fades, it's clear that your eyes are definitely a dark blue. You now usually eat at 8, 11, 2, 5, 8 and 11 again, with a 1-1.5 hour nap in between each feeding. You either burp right away or I really have to work for it. You won't eat at all if you need to burp, which is a blessing but can also be inconvenient. You still don't like pacifiers and will often act like you’re gagging if I try and put one in your mouth.
How
thankful and blessed I am that you have proven to be an even better
sleeper than your brothers and sister were, which I didn't think was
possible!
This month you had your first real bath! Caleb, Evie and Silas all really enjoyed helping and took their jobs very seriously. You were so laid back and didn't fuss at all during any of it.
You discovered your tongue this month, which has been so cute. You've started rolling it and twisting it in your mouth (turning it upside down). Lily, you have such a precious, tiny tongue!
You went on your first little road trip (to Mansfield) this month and got to meet your Uncle Chris, Aunt Jenna, Uncle Rob and cousin, Meredith.
You went on your first little road trip (to Mansfield) this month and got to meet your Uncle Chris, Aunt Jenna, Uncle Rob and cousin, Meredith.
You're wearing some Newborn clothing still, but mostly 0-3 Month, and you're in a Size 1 diaper. It's both exciting and a little sad that you're already starting to grow out of some of your clothes. We love you in this stage--so sweet, cuddly and
small.
At your 2 Month checkup (which was a little more than 3 weeks late), you weighed 13lb. (77%), were 24" long (82%) and your head circumference was 15.75 in. (60%). You have a small hemangioma on your upper left thigh. (It's actually 2 separate red spots—one a little larger on top and a very small one right below it.) I’m not exactly sure when it appeared because it wasn't there when you were born but is now.
You like your bouncer, and Caleb, Evie and Silas often hover around you when you're in it. Speaking of, they are still so crazy about you. They often want to see and hold you but are also content when I ask them to go play while I feed you. Evie tells you multiple times a day how beautiful you are, and Caleb said at one point this month that he wants to marry you.
Lily, you are such a gift, and God couldn't have possibly given us a better baby to be our fourth! You're joyful, content and super laid back. Thank you for your love and your smiles, sweet Lily--they brighten each one of my days!
(Click here to see more pictures of Lily.)
At your 2 Month checkup (which was a little more than 3 weeks late), you weighed 13lb. (77%), were 24" long (82%) and your head circumference was 15.75 in. (60%). You have a small hemangioma on your upper left thigh. (It's actually 2 separate red spots—one a little larger on top and a very small one right below it.) I’m not exactly sure when it appeared because it wasn't there when you were born but is now.
You like your bouncer, and Caleb, Evie and Silas often hover around you when you're in it. Speaking of, they are still so crazy about you. They often want to see and hold you but are also content when I ask them to go play while I feed you. Evie tells you multiple times a day how beautiful you are, and Caleb said at one point this month that he wants to marry you.Lily, you are such a gift, and God couldn't have possibly given us a better baby to be our fourth! You're joyful, content and super laid back. Thank you for your love and your smiles, sweet Lily--they brighten each one of my days!
(Click here to see more pictures of Lily.)


No comments:
Post a Comment