2.04.2014

Silas - 8 Months!

So this post is now 2.5 months overdue, but better late than never!



Precious Silas, you are such a joy and have been a perfect addition to our family!!  I'm not sure why God would choose to bless us with 3 extremely easy and laid-back babies, but I'm so grateful he has! 

In general, you seem to be growing up a little more slowly than Caleb and Evie did—you don't have any teeth yet (Caleb had 2 and Evie had 1 at 8 Months), you're not crawling or pulling up yet, you don't drink from bottles (and have only had 2-3 bottles ever), you don’t like any food yet, you rarely actually jump in your jumperoo and you still regularly nap on me as I hold you while we’re at church, Bible study and family group.  BUT, these last 8 months have flown by so incredibly fast, so I’m really thankful that I get to hang on to this “baby” phase a little while longer!  And though you're not crawling, you can now rotate 360 degrees while laying on your tummy and have learned to scoot backward.  Sometimes the latter skill has left you stuck under our bed.

Your favorite toys right now are our cell phones (which you only manage to get when we're not looking), your teething rings, your dinosaur with bouncing balls, and basically anything that you can fit in your mouth because that's where everything seems to go.  You even rode our little fire truck one day and seemed to think you were a pretty big boy!  More than any of your toys, though, you love to play with Caleb and Evie. It's so sweet how much you love them and how quickly they can make you laugh.  When you were born, your daddy nicknamed you his little "Buckaroo", which has been shortened to "Bux".  I love hearing Evie say, "Heeeeeeyyyyy, Bux!" or Caleb say, "There's my Bux!"  They simply adore you, little Silas!!  

You’ve begun to get bashful and will smile at people and then turn and bury your head in my shoulder.  After a few seconds, you’ll look back at the person and repeat the process.  You’ll even do this when we stand in front of a mirror.
 

For Halloween this year, we went the Toy Story route--Caleb was Buzz Lightyear, Evie was Bo Peep and you were Bo Peep's sheep.  Y'all were so cute!  I don't think you knew what to think of those sheep ears flopped in front of your eyes sometimes, but you were so content and cuddly!


This month we took a family weekend trip to Austin so I could do my Continuing Education course.  You did such a great job in the car and even got to go to your first pumpkin patch, go through your first corn maze and go on your first hay ride.  


You still eat 4 times a day (around 7:30, 12, 4:30 and 8:30) and nap 3 times a day (10:00, 2:15 and 7:00).  I can't believe how flexible you are with your feedings and naps!  You've even been fine not getting your last feeding until 10 or 11 a couple of times.  When you sleep on me at Bible study or Family Group, you can be a little noisy/chatty (though not nearly as much as your sister was) as you get close to falling asleep.  You don't cry--just talk constantly until you fall asleep.  Speaking of chatty, I love hearing you say, "Muh muh" and "deh deh"!

You're wearing Size 6-9 Month clothes and Size 3 diapers, and so far, you're the only one of our kids who hasn't had a little bit of eczema.

Silas, we love you so much and are so humbled that God has seen fit to entrust you to us!

(Click here to see more pictures of Silas.)


No comments: