9.28.2011

Evie - 3 Months!


Baby girl, your daddy and I are so in love with you!

You rolled over for the first time on 9-20. I had laid you down on your tummy for your nap, and when I later went into your room to get you up, I found you on your back. You also scoot around quite a bit. It's not uncommon for you to push yourself halfway across your crib and then sometimes even turn yourself 90 degrees.

You are very strong and can move around on your back some by digging your heels into the ground and pushing off with your legs. You also often do the same thing when I prop you into a seated position, but somehow this results in you sliding down more onto your back.

You have let out a couple short giggles here and there but haven't yet fully laughed. I think you might be ticklish on your back like your brother. Your daddy was tickling Caleb's back when he laughed for the first time.

You are talking a ton, which Caleb is starting to think is pretty funny. He'll often repeat in an excited voice the sounds you make and then start laughing. I love, too, how you will often furrow your eyebrows a bit while talking as if you're saying something really serious.

Toward the end of this month, you started blowing raspberries and have started sticking your hands in your mouth a lot. You don't do pacifiers, but I'm starting to wonder if you're going to be a thumb sucker.

You still love when I kiss your mouth. You open up your mouth and kind of lean into it and close your eyes a little bit then smile after I kiss you.

As soon as we finish up the rest of the Size 1 diapers we have, we'll move you up to Size 1-2. You're still in some Newborn clothes, but mostly either 0-3 or 3 Month clothes.

You're still very active while eating, with your arms and/or legs usually moving around. You do this thing with your arm where you lay the back of your hand on the bridge of your nose, then pull your hand back across your eye, temple and then back to your ear. You then will stretch that arm out a bit over your head, back onto your nose and then will repeat the process over and over. You also pull on your ears a lot while eating.

I have only tried giving you a bottle 2 more times, but you did better and actually drank a little bit. I know I should be trying more if I want you to be better at it, but it just takes more time and effort than I've been willing to devote to it lately.

I dropped your late night feeding at 11.5 weeks, and you've had no problem going down to just 5 feedings a day. You are now eating around 8:30, 11:30, 2:30, 5:30 and 9 or 9:30. Those times vary, though, depending on what we have going on that day/night.

You nap on your tummy for about 1.5 hours between feedings during the day and then sleep swaddled on your back at night.

















You are still such a happy baby--people often comment on how much and how big you smile. I can't explain how much joy that big toothless grin brings me. Your eyes light up, you often scrunch your little nose, and it melts my heart! I pray that you will one day rejoice in the Lord! Life is busy, but I know God is using you right now to help me slow down a bit. When I look down at you and see you staring up at me with a huge smile, it's nearly impossible for me not to stop what I'm doing and smile back at you.

Sweet Evie, you are such a precious little girl, and we absolutely adore you!

Click here to see more pictures of Evie.

No comments: