1.20.2009

Happy Birthday, My Love!

My sweet husband turned 31 one week ago today. Unfortunately, because of our very hectic schedules, we have yet to really celebrate his big day, and I'm also just now writing this post.

I finally baked Ryan a cake last night, but when I went to make the frosting, I realized I didn't have nearly enough powdered sugar. This is pretty consistent with how unsmoothly the last week and a half have gone. (Lots of forgetting stuff that we need at stores, arriving at stores only to realize we left our wallet at home, leaving for work without an address to enter into our GPS, etc.)

Ryan, as most of you know, is incredible! He is this perfect package of so many wonderful, wonderful things. Anyway, I just wanted to take a few minutes to dote on him.

Here are a few of my favorite things about Ryan:

•He is a strong man of God, who continually seeks to sharpen himself and those around him. He has been granted so much wisdom, especially in the last few years. It has been amazing to watch God grow him in preparation for our life in ministry.

•He can always make me laugh. I often think about how blessed I am to have been given a marriage that is full of laughter. Our home is such a happy place when he's here.


•He is extremely handsome. Sometimes I just stop in the middle of a conversation with Ryan because it hits me that God has allowed this man to be my husband!


•He cares so deeply for others and often gives so unselfishly to bless them.

•He has a deep desire to really get to know people--where they've come from, their testimony, their hearts. I think this is a trait that is unique to Ryan.

•He is a model husband, and I believe God has used Ryan in this area to help many Christian men to understand how to better care for their wives. Ryan loves and cares for me so well!

•He's brilliant and is always SO GOOD at everything he does! Whether at school, games, writing, etc., Ryan always excels.



I could certainly go on and on about how great my husband is, but I'll leave it at this. Ryan, I want you to know that I adore you and am so thankful for the gift God has given me in you. Happy birthday, my Love!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Welcome to the 31 club- not the excitement of the 30 celebration but all the realities of being in your 30s :). I guess I can't keep thinking the college football guys are the same age as me. Oh well! God is good and I thank Him for my years and those to come and we thank Him for you and Kelli! Maybe another trip to SF? We actually have a bed you could sleep in this time:)