6.18.2008

Celebrating and Planting

So, I've been really bad about blogging. Though I'm glad I did it, I think writing about Niger kind of zapped my blogging energy.

Anyway, there's probably lots to catch up on, but I'll save most of it until we find the cord to download the pictures off of our camera. Hopefully that won't take too long.

I did come across a few pictures I wanted to share.


We had our sixth anniversary in Niger, but we celebrated it again after Ryan finished his finals. We went out to eat at Del Frisco's, which, incidentally, is also where we ate for my birthday the first year we were married. The only difference was the location--Fort Worth vs. Louisville. Who would have guessed then how God would have worked things to bring us to Kentucky!? Praise the Lord that He is sovereign because I'm certain that my plans would not have turned out nearly as well. Anyway, dinner was fun and the free dessert afterward was even better! :)

In God's perfect timing, He brought a wonderful couple into our lives--Adam and Andi Graig. We met them right before we left for Niger, and they were definitely a Godsend in helping us (mainly me) deal with the reverse culture shock. They recently returned from China and were dealing with some of the same feelings we were having.

Anyway, Andi spent many, many long hours helping me with our landscaping. She definitely has a green thumb, and well, I had never planted a thing in my life before moving into this house. Actually, I take that back, I think we planted a lima bean in a paper cup in elementary school, but that's been the extent of it.














The landscaping of our house had been neglected for some time, so there was quite a bit of work to do. We spent a long time just pulling out all the lava rock so we could plant more stuff. We even moved a Rhododendron (basically a small, flowering tree) from the front to backyard. I might post some before and after pictures later, but here's a picture of our Rhododendron before we moved it.

No comments: