It was pretty last minute, but we sent an Evite out to our Sunday school class. A few couples were able to make it, but unfortunately, a lot were out of town because of the holiday weekend.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Trent knew about the party, but it was a surprise for Ryan. I worked until 8pm on Friday and had told Ryan to be ready to celebrate when I got home. Everyone had been told to come to our house at 8:30, so I rushed home and told Ryan to wait downstairs as I hid one of his birthday presents and changed clothes. To occupy himself while he waited he walked around a bit and then stood looking out our front door. He saw some people pull up, and, not wanting to look weird, he stepped away from the door.
To his surprise, the Keunes arrived, followed by the Borns, Hunters, Travis Abraham (Megan was sick) and the Watsons. He was confused for a bit, but once I filled him in, Ryan was excited.
Kristi brought over a wonderful peanut butter chocolate cake, two cherry cheesecakes and Fudge Tracks ice cream. YUM!
We played some games--ASAP, which Dan won, and Balderdash, which Jen won. Jen won by coming up with quite an interesting, jaw-dropping definition of "waldheimia". We were shocked and couldn't stop laughing.
It was a great night celebrating Ryan and Trent.
1 comment:
I wanna know what the definition was!!!
Post a Comment